Masterclass and Competiton
DANUBE INTERNATIONAL CONCERTO MASTERCLASS
AND COMPETITION 2018
for Violin and Piano soloists
24th June - 2nd July
with the Danube Symphony Orchestra
and the professors:
Nadja Nevolovitsch – violin ( Anwerp, Belgium)
alina Mrmevska – piano (SUNY Stony Brook, New York)
FEES AND CONDITIONS
Individual tuition, practice rooms and accommodation plus full board:
Patrona Chatolic Nunnary and Dorm and School
Hungary, Budapest, H-1092. Knézich Street 3-13.
Rehearsals with the orchestra, concerto competition and the winner’s concert:
Danube Symphony Orchestra's concert hall and rehearsal room, Danube Palace
Hungary, Budapest, H-1051. Zrinyi Street 5.
24th June - 2nd July 2018
Final concert: 2nd July afternoon 3pm-5pm
Music programme of the course:
Individual choice of one concerto movement from a recommended list of music.
The concertos list is in our website:
About the course:
During the course the active participants will be working in the music programme with the professors - in the first half of the masterclass the participants get individual lessons with piano accompaniment, in the other half they will receive 2x40-minute rehearsal time with the Danube Symphony Orchestra.
Final concerts and competition:
The second session of the orchestra rehearsals is part of the competition where the judges decide who will be the winners on each instrument. The winners will play on the final concert.
On the 2nd July there will be a concerto concert in the Danube Palace Concert Hall with a selected programme from the course repertoire and with the best participants (violin and piano) of the Masterclass.
Active participants - 1200 EUR / student - 1100 EUR (valid proof of enrolment required))
- Individual lessons with piano accompaniment
- Orchestra rehearsal: 2x 40 minutes
- Final concert with the participation of the winners
- Participation in the concerto competition
- Video recording of the orchestra rehearsals
- Video recording of the concert for the winners
- Use of practice rooms with piano
Individual lessons only and chamber music masterclass with concert
without orchestra rehearsals and competition: 750 EUR
Passive participants: 300 EUR
Accommodation and full board: 300 EUR
- Accommodation for 13 days at Patrona Dorm and Nunnery (in the dormitory: 2 persons per room / for family: up to 4 persons)
- Full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner) for 13 days at the Patrona Dorm and Nunnery, food is provided at the Danube Palace as well
- One sightseeing tour in Budapest
- Single supplement price for dormitories: 170 EUR / 9 days
- Single supplement price for single room with piano: 170 EUR / 9days
- Extra orchestra rehearsal time: 350 EUR / 40 minutes
- Extra piano accompaniment practice: 30 EUR / 60 minutes
- CD quality video recording of the concert: 300 EUR
Please, send us
- A video or audio recording: one movement of a concerto of your own choice (with piano accompaniment preferably, concerti not listed in the course repertoire are acceptable). We prefer a video recording, in either case it must be good quality.
- Your CV
- And a filled out copy of the attached application form. Application form is downloadable from here:
to this email address: email@example.com
If you want to send it by post we will give you the address upon enquiry.
Application deadline: 15th of April 2018
The professors will announce the list of the participants on the 1st of May 2018 and the results will be e-mailed to you.
We have places up to 5-8 participants in each class.
When you receive the result and decide to come, we ask you to pay the registration fee: 500 Eu by bank transfer.
The rest of the course fee needs to be paid at the beginning of the masterclass either in cash or via bank transfer.
Payment information will be sent by e-mail to the applicants.
The participant is responsible for paying the extra costs of the bank transfer.
About the course:
During the course the active participants will be working in the music programme with the professors - in the first half of the masterclass the participants get individual lessons with piano accompaniment, in the other half they will receive 1x40-minute + 2x 20 minute rehearsal time with the Danube Symphony Orchestra.
Violin: Nadja Nevolovitsch - English, German, Russian, French
Piano: Kalina Mrmevska - English, German, Macedonian, Serbian, Croatian, Bulgarian
Participation in the course is confirmed with a certificate.
Final concerts and competition:
The professor and the conductor decide who will be the winners and play on the final concert.
There will be given 1st 2nd 3rd prize for every instrument.
The best participants (violin, piano) of the masterclass will play in the final concert with Danube Symphony Orchestra led by AndrasDeak.
Special Prize:- given by DSO. One concerto concert in the 2019-2020 season with the Danube Symphony Orchestra in the Danube Palace. The DSO will pay the travel cost (within Europe or 300 EUR), the hotel costs and a 300 EUR Fee to the performer.
More orchestra rehearsal time:
We offer more practice time possibility with the orchestra. 40 minutes/ 350 EUR / 35 member of orchestra.
We can give you the possible dates and times depending on your inquires.
All the further information you can find in our website: