Masterclass and Competiton
DANUBE INTERNATIONAL CONCERTO MASTERCLASS
AND COMPETITION 2016
for Violin / Viola / Cello / Piano soloists
VIOLIN/ VIOLA/ PIANO/ CELLO CONCERTOS
26th June - 7th July
with the Danube Symphony Orchestra
and the professors:
Nadja Nevolovitsch – violin ( Anwerp, Belgium)
Artur Kaganovskiy - violin (New York)
Eszter Kaganovskiy - viola (New York)
Agnes Kallay – cello (Liszt Academy, Budapest)
Kalina Mrmevska – piano (SUNY Stony Brook, New York)
Gusztav Fenyo - Piano (Scotland)
FEES AND CONDITIONS
Individual tuition, practice rooms and accommodation plus full board:
Patrona Chatolic Nunnary and Dorm and School
Hungary, Budapest, H-1092. Knézich Street 3-13.
Rehearsals with the orchestra, concerto competition and the winner’s concert:
Danube Symphony Orchestra's concert hall and rehearsal room, Danube Palace
Hungary, Budapest, H-1051. Zrinyi Street 5.
26th June - 7th July 2017
Beginning of the course: 26th June 10am
Final concert: 7th July afternoon 3pm-5pm
Music programme of the course:
Individual choice of one concerto movement from a recommended list of music.
The concertos list is in our website:
About the course:
During the course the active participants will be working in the music programme with the professors - in the first half of the masterclass the participants get individual lessons with piano accompaniment, in the other half they will receive 2x40-minute rehearsal time with the Danube Symphony Orchestra.
Final concerts and competition:
The second session of the orchestra rehearsals is part of the competition where the judges decide who will be the winners on each instrument. The winners will play on the final concert.
On the 6th July there will be a concerto concert in the Danube Palace Concert Hall with a selected programme from the course repertoire and with the best participants (violin, viola, cello, piano) of the Masterclass.
Active participants - 1200 EUR / student - 1100 EUR (valid proof of enrolment required))
- Individual lessons with piano accompaniment
- Orchestra rehearsal: 2x 40 minutes
- Final concert with the participation of the winners (each instrument has one winner)
- Participation in the concerto competition
- Video recording of the orchestra rehearsals
- Video recording of the concert for the winners
- Use of practice rooms with piano
Accommodation and full board: 350 EUR
- Accommodation for 13 days at Patrona Dorm and Nunnery (in the dormitory: 2 persons per room)
- Full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner) for 10 days at the Patrona Dorm and Nunnery, food is provided at the Danube Palace as well
- One sightseeing tour in Budapest
- Single supplement price for dormitories: 170 EUR / 10 days
- Single supplement price for single room with piano: 170 EUR / 10 days
- Extra orchestra rehearsal time: 350 EUR / 40 minutes
- Extra piano accompaniment practice: 30 EUR / 60 minutes
- CD quality video recording of the concert: 300 EUR
Passive participants: 300 EUR
Packages: Please, look at our package offers:
Please, send us
- A video or audio recording: one movement of a concerto of your own choice ( with piano accompaniment preferably ).
We prefer a video recording, in either case it must be good quality.
- And your CV
to this email address:
If you want to send it by post we will give you the address upon enquiry.
Application deadline: 15th of April 2017
The professors will announce the list of the participants on the 1st of May in 2017, and let you know the result through e-mail.
We have places up to 5-8 paricipants in each class.
When you receive the result and decide to come,
we ask you to pay the registration fee: 500 Eu by bank transfer.
The rest of the course fee needs to be paid at the beginning of the masterclass either in cash or via bank transfer. Payment information will be sent by e-mail to the applicants. The participant is responsible for paying the extra costs of the bank transfer.
Violin: Nadja Nevolovitsch - English, German, Russian, French
Violin: Artur Kaganovskiy - English, Russian
Viola: Eszter Kaganovskiy - English, German, Romanian, Hungarian
Cello: Agnes Kallay -English, German, Hungarian
Piano: Kalina Mrmevska - English, German, Macedonian, Serbian, Croatian, Bulgarian
Piano: Gusztav Fenyo - English, German, Hungarian
Participation in the course is confirmed with a certificate.
More orchestra rehearsal time:
We offer more practice time possibility with the orchestra.
350 Eu / 40 minutes/ 35 member of orchestra.
We can give you the possible dates and times depending on your inquires.
All the further information you can find in our website: